Tired from Sitting too long?
The Bottom Line On Sitting
Millions of individuals working from their homes and offices are spending an excessive amount of time on their chairs. This is often a bad habit that may result in more than just a simply numb bottom!
Too much sitting sets you up for a number of physical issues together with poor circulation, chronic back and nerve pain, depression, pathology, swollen spinal disks, fatigue and lots of alternative health issues. In fact, consistent with Health Day News, researchers have found that prolonged daily sitting might cause these issues even with frequent exercises.
Stand Up for Yourself
According to the President’s Council on fitness and Sports, the U.S. can pay up to $1.5 trillion over the next ten years treating a wide range of draining ailments ensuing from inactive lifestyle like diabetes, depression, osteoporosis, sure cancers, and even sexual dysfunction. They’ve even coined their own term, sedentary Death Syndrome (SeDS), as a growing severe risk for many unsuspecting Americans.
No YOU do not have to worry about it. You will be able to stand strong with these Sitting Solutions:
- 10 minute RULE: do not sit for over 60 minutes. Set a timer and take a ten minute break for every hour.
- Be a Swinger:
- Stand with hands on your hips and legs slightly more than shoulder width apart. Rotate your hips clockwise in a full range of motion for ten times and then rotate your hips counterclockwise for another ten times.
- Stand sideways next to your desk. Put all your weight on your right leg and gently swing your left leg forwards and backwards 10 times. Repeat with other leg.
- Don’t be a crooked sitter or sloucher
- Sit up straight. If you find this difficult, uncomfortable or painful, call our office and schedule an appointment. Your spine may have a misalignment with nerve pressure, a subluxation, which needs correcting.
- Take Your Lunch Break
- Get up and go get your food if you bring it. If not, go somewhere to eat. Your work can come later.
- Have “Date on the Move”
- Meet friends or loved ones on a hiking trail or outdoors.
- Put a lumbar pillow on your chair
- Adjust the pillow to your lower back correctly to relieve back pain.
- Invest in an ergonomic chair
- Stand up and Surf
- Raise your workstation or monitor so you can net surf and type while standing.
- Go to the Gym
- Stay away from the stationary bike.
Take Care of Your Spine
Sitting is to the spine like sugar is to the teeth except you can’t replace your spine after it rots away. Health Plus Chiropractic & Acupuncture provides gentle adjustments to the spine that can eliminate pain and improve your health.
These Sitting Solutions will improve your health and quality of life dramatically.