Involved in a Car Accident?
Stay at the Scene
- Take a deep breath & Remain calm.
- Never leave the accident scene unless it’s appropriate to do so. (If you have to, pull off to the side of the road or into a well-lit parking lot).
- Turn off your vehicle’s engine and either wait for assistance, or if it is safe, then step out of your car.
Check on All Drivers and Passengers
- Check to see if you or any passengers are injured.
- If anyone is unconscious or has neck or back pain, don’t move them until qualified medical help arrives. Unless a hazard requires moving a person.
Call the Police
- Call the Police (Request for an EMT/Ambulance if there are injuries).
- Get the name and badge # of the responding officer.
- Get a copy of the police report or case #.
- Exchange information with all drivers (name, address, phone number, license number, license plate number, insurance company and policy number) and passengers (name, address, & phone).
- Do not admit fault at any point or discuss the details of the accident.
Talk to Witnesses
- Ask every witness what he/she saw. Get their names, numbers or addresses if possible.
Inform Your Insurance Company
- Promptly tell your insurance company you’ve been in an accident. Cooperate and tell them everything.
- Take pictures of everything involved in the accident as soon as possible.
After the Accident
- Do not drive your car if it is unsafe.
- Call our office (832) 534-4195 at your earliest convenience to schedule a complementary checkup to ensure you are free of any soft tissue damage or whiplash injuries.
For more information, click here to obtain our car accident brochure